- Of or relating to a numen (divinity); indicating the presence of a divinity. [from mid 17th c.]
His interest in numinous objects led him on a quest for the Holy Grail.
- Evoking a sense of the mystical, sublime, or transcendent; awe-inspiring.
- Various (Christian) theological meanings, usually as an attribute of God:The grace of God;
- luck, destiny (especially positive or beneficial)
- beneficence, goodwill, good intentions
‘Lady of Numinous Grace’ is a title of Mazu, Queen of Heaven in Chinese religion. However, it is also a fitting title for a lodge devoted to the Queen of Heaven, as we hope to invoke the mystical, sublime, and transcendent through the beneficence and good will of our patron. A little beneficial luck wouldn’t hurt, either.